Client Service Manager
Grade / Salary Range:
Commensurate with experience
Senior Client Service Manager, Director Client Services, CEO
Key deliverables: (key responsibilities/tasks)
- Attend to the client and its needs in a manner fully meeting the company’s obligations to the client under the agency agreement and any other subsequent understandings reached between the company and the client and in a manner that meets or exceeds client’s expectations.
- Conceptualize, present and implement a detailed PR strategy for the client based on client brief and discussions, including cost estimates and timelines.
- Identify, innovate and execute business ideas to improve service delivery and improve client retention ratio of the company
- Proactively try to raise the retainer fee charged to the client by a percentage discussed and approved by company’s senior management on an annual basis.
- Proactively try to generate additional revenues for the company, either through identifying and developing value-added services for the client(s) being handled, and/or through proactively identifying new business opportunities for the company.
Key activities: (to perform the job)
- Presenting the PR strategy to the client as a Power Point presentation and an accompanying detailed Word document, making amendments as discussed and required and finalizing the strategy with client approval.
- Executing the strategy once it is approved and monitoring, recording and reporting the progress and the learnings.
- Planning and executing events, acting as the chief event manager.
- Ensuring media monitoring and daily / periodic reporting to client of media coverage of client and client-agreed topics of interest.
- Carrying all interactions with various vendors in relation to client’s work.
- Ensuring timely receipts of payments due to the company from the client(s) the CSM is handling and from others for cases or projects the CSM is handling or has primary responsibility for.
- Keeping himself/herself fully abreast of day to day developments in the client organization and the client’s field of business, including in the industry, competition, governmental regulations and other influencing factors.
- Keeping himself/herself fully up to date at any point in time, on important social, economic and political developments in the country, region and globally, especially all such developments that directly or indirectly affect the client(s) being handled by the CSM and the company itself and its overall business.
- Networking and socializing on a regular basis with influencers and especially the media with a view to building up a strong, wide and diversified network of contacts and connections that are of support and assistance in the execution of work, with the mandatory proviso that all such activity will be in line with the highest legal, moral and ethical standards, written or otherwise.
- Belonging to the middle management cadre, the CSM is expected to be a role model for subordinates, junior staff and even other work colleagues. This primarily implies a strict adherence to the Company’s Terms & Conditions of Employment document in its entirety.
- The CSM is expected to practice exemplary behavior in all external interaction, especially with clients, vendors, other agencies, the media and others.
- The CSM will exhibit due respect and deference to all senior officers in the Company and execute to his/her best ability any and all tasks assigned by a senior officer.
- While the private life of any company employee is not directly of concern to the company, the CSM will ensure that he/she does not indulge in any activity or behavior in his/her private life that brings disrepute or defamation for the company.
- The CSM will not commit the company either verbally or in writing or in any other manner, financially or otherwise, without the written approval of a senior officer of the company.
- The CSM will at all times speak and act obeying the laws of the country and in accordance with acceptable social behavior and following highest moral and ethical standards and respecting the liberty, rights, ethnicity and religious and cultural beliefs and practices of others.
- The CSM must be minimum an undergraduate from a recognized educational institution of higher learning in which the medium of instruction is English. Mass communications is the most preferred subject of study, followed by media studies, journalism, marketing, and business administration / management. Other disciplines which are also acceptable provided the person has other substantial qualifications are English (language / literature), political science, economics, international relations, sociology and psychology.
- The CSM must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience, of which minimum one year must be as a client service executive in the company itself or in another reputable PR agency. The other year’s related work experience should preferably be in any of the following fields: Media, publishing, marketing, advertising, brand management, event management.
- The CSM must be able to read, write and speak English and Urdu languages fluently, more specially English. Fluency in other languages, regional or foreign is regarded as a desirable additional qualification.
- Writing skills include ability to conduct independent correspondence, prepare reports, summaries, concept papers and presentations and develop press releases, interviews, Q&As and articles.
- The CSM must be able to do public speaking confidently, including making presentations, making announcements over a public address system or otherwise, acting as master of ceremonies and so forth.
- The CSM must have understanding of and experience with the country’s diverse media markets.
- The CSM should have high fluency in the Windows environment and in MS Office applications, particularly in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and preferably also Access.
- An extremely pleasant personality.
- A creative bent of mind.
- Clear, analytical thinking.
- Good time management.
- A refined sense of dressing.
- A systems approach.
- Great personal discipline.
- A determination to continually strive for excellence.
- A high sense of responsibility.
- Dedication to work.
- Unquestionable honesty.
Interested candidates can send their updated CVs at: email@example.com